Keep kids energized and satisfied with this delicious, healthy wrap made with beans and veggies.
Ingredients6 8-inch Whole wheat tortillas
1 1/2 cups Prepared hummus
1 cup Red bell pepper (cut into 1/4-inch strips)
1/2 cup Carrots, grated
1 1/2 cups Baby spinach leavesDirections1. Place the 6 tortillas on a clean surface.
2. Place 1/4 cup of hummus in the center of each tortilla. Use a butter knife to spread the hummus evenly from side to side across the center of the tortilla.
3. Top the hummus with 4-6 red pepper strips and 1/4 cup grated carrots.
4. Divide the spinach leaves evenly between each tortilla, arranging the leaves over the top of the vegetables.
5. Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla up and over the vegetables, and then continue rolling up to the top edge.
6. Cut each wrap diagonally across the center width of the wrap.
7. Place both halves on a plate to serve.
Meal Pattern Contribution Statement
Legume as Meat Alternate: 1 wrap provides 1.25 oz eq meat alternate, 3/8 cup red/orange vegetable, 1/8 cup other vegetable and 1.75 oz eq grains.
Legumes as Vegetable: 1 wrap provides 1/4 cup legume vegetable, 3/8 cup red/orange vegetable, 1/8 cup other vegetable and 1.75 oz eq grains.
Legume vegetable can be counted as either a meat alternate or as a legume vegetable but not as both simultaneously.
Source: Summer Food, Summer Moves (FNS-607)